[nagdu] blind clicker training methods / Shaman was good

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 20:21:25 UTC 2009

Hi Linda, I used to do it that way with lily, and Nala would go up on the
lift first. Lily was a smaller dog than Shaman.If Shaman were to stand on my
foot rests,his head would be over my shoulder. With this arrangement , I
find it very hard to use my cane as the dogs body is in the way. The dog has
to get into position before getting on the lift because if I get on the lift
first the dog has no room to even get on to the foot rests and get his body
up on me.I need to use the cane to get on the lift and make sure I am all
the way on before the lift goes up. Also Shaman is a much heavier dog than
Lily was and it is very uncomfortable to have that much weight on top of
me.Shaman prefers to go up the steps rather than ride up the lift.It is also
faster that way as otherwise the lift has to be deployed twice,once for the
dog and the second time for me.If he goes up the steps, then the lift only
has to be deployed once.Time is a concern with these bus drivers as they
always seem to be running late and trying to hurry me. That is the reason I
do it this way. Also these lifts are old and they are not kept in good
repair. They frequently falter with just the weight of me and the chair on
it. I am afraid it would break down with the added weight of the dog,me and
the chair. I once saw this happen with a very large woman and her chair.The
lift suddenly fell. hitting the ground hard and injuring the woman. Thanks
any way for the suggestion. Have a great day,  Mardi and Shaman and Nala,
retired.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/