[nagdu] Purina Pro Plan Reintroduction

Ginger Kutsch gingerKutsch at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 21:10:29 UTC 2009

From: Purina Pro Club
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:48 PM
Subject: Pro Plan Chicken & Rice Reintroduction Update

Dear PurinaR Pro ClubR Member,

This past November we sent an email informing you of our plan to
reintroduce the original Pro PlanR Chicken & Rice Formula, which
was initially discontinued with the introduction of Pro Plan
Shredded Blend formulas. As many of you know, the original
formula was developed to meet the needs of dogs in all life
stages, even though it was classified as an "Adult" formula. As
we bring back to market the original Chicken & Rice Formula, it
will be classified as an "All Life Stages" formula consistent
with Pro Plan Performance Formula. Rest assured that no product
formulation changes were made to the original Chicken & Rice
Formula. Chicken is still the number one ingredient with 26%
protein and 16% fat.

We are about to begin shipping original 37.5 lb. Chicken & Rice
Formula for All Life Stages to retail customers and pet food
distributors. We expect this item to be located on shelf adjacent
to Pro Plan Performance. A package image has been included at the
end of this letter to assist you in identifying Pro Plan Chicken
& Rice for All Life Stages at retail. Following is a list of
retailers that have confirmed their plans to carry this formula
to date:

Select Farm and Feed stores and most distributors beginning in
February

Pet Supplies Plus beginning in April

We encourage you to speak with a store manager if you find your
pet specialty retailer does not offer this item in store. We will
continue to work with our retail partners to expand availability
as quickly as possible.

The reintroduced Chicken & Rice Formula for All Life Stages (UPC
38100-13676) will have a Pro Club weight circle point value of 12
points per pound. All Pro Plan Shredded Blend formulas will
continue to accrue at the 11 points per pound level.

Once again, thank you for your understanding and support of
Purina Pro Plan. You are extremely important to us and we value
your opinions. If you have any questions or would like additional
information, please contact our experts at 1-800-PRO-PLAN.

Sincerely,

Purina Pro Club