[nagdu] Animal Advocate Calls Blind Guide Dog Users Cruel &unfi

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Tue Mar 10 05:32:20 UTC 2009

Helene,
If I had to come back in my next life as a dog, I'd like to be a guide dog
anyday!  I see so much of a pathetic life style of many pets,it's
disgusting...dogs tied up alone for months on end alone. I don't think
people realize that isolation is torture for dogs as it is for humans. Pet
dogs without training so it never knows what is expected of it -
frustrating.  I wonder why PETA doesn't look at that problem instead of
dumping on blind people and guide dogs (grin!).  I also think PETA says
stuff to get a rise out of people and to be plain old outrageous for fun.

I agree with you that we don't "need" guide dogs.  However, I do prefer
travel with a guide dog over a white cane. I do have a cane and do use it on
occassion when I feel it is more appropriate to use that rather than the
dog. I like to use it and go for a walk while my dog is at the groomer for a
bath.

The stuff around PETA just shows that bad attitudes die hard and it will
take a generation or two to get rid of it.

Hope all is well with you.

Regards,

Linda and Landon