[nagdu] Animal Advocate Calls Blind Guide Dog Users Cruel &unfi

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 11 10:41:17 UTC 2009

Ron,
    I agree. Just think about whether this activity removes the stereotypes
and misconceptions about blindness or only serves to reinforce them. Any
time I have done these things, people have made such comments as, "I don't
know if I could do it!", "I don't know how you do it!", or "It is so
difficult!". These types of activities, in my opinion and by what others
have said, are not "what it's like to be blind", as being blind requires a
set of skills that cannot be learned in a few minutes, thus giving the
misconception that it is difficult. I hope you will take the time to read
the article I attached to my first message and consider a well reasoned
position.

Fraternally,
Marion