[nagdu] Guide Horse, was: Have to Ask

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Fri May 29 05:15:13 UTC 2009

Hi, Tami,

Hey, I used to have dreams about going somewhere with my guide dog, like to
work, and then leaving without the dog!  Don't know how that would happen
though, as I wouldn't get too far without my dog (or my cane, which was
never in evidence in any of those dreams either.)

But then, I used to have the same sort of dreams when my kids were young,
that I had taken my baby somewhere, like to the park, and then just left and
forgotten all about the baby!  I don't know if that was a parent's worst
nightmare or perhaps a wish fulfilment dream.  But unlike my parents, I
don't think I ever did actually leave one of my kids behind.  My parents had
nine of us to keep track of, and one of my brothers had the knack of
disappearing just when we were about to leave some place.  He got left
behind at the beach once when he was about 5 years old.  Nobody noticed
until we were on the road for about 5 minutes.  We used to put as many of
the little boys as possible in the back of the station wagon and let them
fight it out among themselves.

So that's why school teachers always count heads before allowing the bus to
start when they're returning from field trips, it's considered poor form to
leave a student behind on a field trip, especially to the zoo!

I've had lots of dreams involving Panda.  But she is always being her cute,
smart self.  Sometimes I dream that she is curled up at the foot of my bed,
which is interesting because I never let my dogs on my bed.  Once I dreamed
that my full-sized Arabian horse, Magnat, was curled up on my bed, on the
second floor of my parents' house!  In the dream, I was concerned about how
I was going to get him to go back down the stairs.  But he just walked down
the stairs like he had been doing it all his life.

Dreams are certainly very interesting.  They reveal what we are wishing for,
and what we fear, and sometimes it's hard to know whether a particular dream
is one or the other.

Best,
Ann