[nagdu] Guide dog user has to call police to have an ice creamatMarble Slab

Charlene Ota caota at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Nov 18 09:28:52 UTC 2009

Gee, I wish I could join the crowd and make a little trip to that ice cream
joint with a bunch of dogs one day to see if they've made any progress in
straightening out their attitude yet! I love doing that! Just after I got
Irish, I stopped at a MacDonalds for some lunch and was met at the door and
told that they'd take my order and bring my food out to me, and I tried to
explain things but they wouldn't change their minds so I called the police.
By the time the police got there, one of the staff had come out that knew
better and had let me in to get lunch but the policeman took the staff to
the back of the restaurant and had a little chat with all of them. So, at
least I had the support of the police from the beginning unlike poor Merry!
A couple weeks later, we had our chapter meeting at that MacDonalds so there
were three or four dogs in attendance and we were treated like any other
customer and I've been in their several times since and been served like
anyone else. I was glad they didn't stumble all over themselves, on one
extreme, or be rude to us on the other.

Aloha,
Charlene