[nagdu] Dogs listening

Joy Relton jrelton at verizon.net
Mon Oct 19 14:12:15 UTC 2009

Cindy,

You made some good points. We are too hard on ourselves and our dogs
sometimes because of a fear of what it will look like. On the other hand,
"relaxing" as you say can make us appear less harsh to the public and
appearances do count. I also know what you mean about talking too much to
the dog. Talking is my way to work through tight areas and sometimes I have
to remind myself that self-talking doesn't have to be aloud. I once told my
dog that I was frustrated with her and was going to trade her in for a cat.
Some woman walked by and was quite indignant about it. I started to laugh
and she realized that I wasn't serious. So, by the way, does Belle. That
word "RELAX" really hits the nail on the head for me Cindy. Easier to say
than to do sometimes.
-----Origi