[nagdu] The Requirement of a Harness

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 30 16:10:07 UTC 2009

Dar,

There is that.  I wonder how much we're each influenced by the culture of
the town/area in which we live?  Portland is starting to tighten up when it
comes to pets in stores and some other places, but there are dogs everywhere
and people pretty much have their dogs with them whether they need to or
not...  You see pets on leash in Home Depot, the malls, outdoor cafes, and
some other places I can't think of off hand but that are really surprising.
/smile/

So I'm sure that affects how casual I am with Mitzi when leaving the harness
off is simply a matter of convenience.  I don't feel the need to use the
presence of the harness itself as a message because it's not terribly
necessary in this culture.  There are settings where I would use the harness
as a symbol, I guess, but I'm using her as a guide in those settings, so
it's a moot point.

Just thinking through my fingers there.  I just know that when I travel, I
am much more likely to harness up and just remove the handle if I'm not
using her as a full-on guide in situtations where I wouldn't bother around
here.  Hm...

Tami Smith-Kinney