[nagdu] The Requirement of a Harness

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 30 16:45:13 UTC 2009

Dar,

Yeah, it's tough when you don't know the pet or its owner, especially if you
have a social dog yourself. /smile/  Mitzi also discusses her opinions in
the matter, so then we end up discussing her discussing...  /lol/  For some
reason, the presence of another dog in the store just excites her all to
pieces.  So then I'm busy controlling her and "taking advantage of the
training opportunity" and just have to guess about what else is going on,
especially with the stranger and their dog, which I always imagine as very
big and very pushy, so I'm listening for that dog, which is not helpful when
it's actually some tiny white bit of fluff, as I find out later.  /lol/

As a rule, the dogs that come into Home Depot are well-behaved, experienced
shoppers.  Mitzi has finally decided (I think) that she doesn't need to
invite them to play from across the store, so that's a relief.  When my
guide dog is the rowdy, play barking one and the pets are behaving
themselves, that really upsets my notion of the order of things!  She does
seem to be maturing very nicely now she's 3, which helps.  I can't help
feeling, though, that I'm going to spend the rest of her career looking
forward to when she grows up next year!  Sound familiar.  /grin/

She does listen, though.  Reluctantly sometimes, but she does.

Tami Smith-Kinney