[nagdu] Sticks

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Wed Sep 16 14:19:32 UTC 2009

I think when it comes to dogs eating sticks, sure, maybe some puppy raisers
were a little lax  or allowed stick eating, but my guess is that they could
stop it immediately when the dog first picked up said stick. Some dogs would
give up after a while and lose interest in sticks but others, seeing that no
one was going to stop them right away, might indulge their stick fetish.
<grin>

It's often easy to stop a puppy before it makes a mistake rather than
gradually giving it more and more opportunities to make said mistake and be
corrected, as it might  by its blind handler who may not necessarily know
from across the yard that it's got a stick. From the puppy raisers I've
talked with this allowing mistakes as learning tools is an art.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com