[nagdu] a question stemming from a hot debate

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Thu Sep 17 00:18:33 UTC 2009

Chasity and all,

I also agree.  I heard from a good friend of mine once about this guy she
knew who got a guide dog when he was a college student.  Then he dropped out
of college and sat at home most of the time  in front of his computer.  The
dog was kept on tie down always, except for a few minutes of play time and
maybe a short walk during the day.  I don't think he was allowed to interact
much with anyone else either.  I felt very sorry for that dog.  As a lot of
others here do, I do definitely let Sunny interact with family and friends,
but no one else has the bond with her that I do.  My boyfriend comes close
though...  There were times in the beginning that I thought she liked him
more than me, just from the way she treated him.  She adores him.  But he
tells me that if I'm not around, she keeps going to the door looking for me
or lies right there by the door till I come back.  Others have told me this
about her too, so I don't worry anymore about who she interacts with.  But
they must abide by my rules with her, no feeding tidbits or treats without
asking me, no jumping on the furniture, etc.

AnnaLisa and Sundance