[nagdu] ACB

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 23 11:47:59 UTC 2009

I would like to state something here about the ACB.

In my own experience here in NY.  2 Years ago since I couldn't go this in
2009, we went to Albany our annual marching on Albany we call it, anyway, we
went to speak to the Senators and Assembly about what we want the state to
do for us.  At that time we were asking for funding for Newsline, since the
Commission for the Blind was not going to help us fund it anymore (they are
still funding it).  While we were there the ACB had lobbyists and for those
who do not know, we do not pay lobbyists to work for us, we are our own
voices, and I think that the people in Government admire that over hiring
someone else to speak for us.

Anyway, getting back on track, ACB had people there that didn't want us to
get funding for Newsline, the same people that use it, but they didn't want
us to have funding, only because they wanted the option of having there own,
since of course, Newsline belongs to the NFB.  We have no problem if the ACB
wants to start there own, but at this time they have nothing.  Don't put the
plow before the horse, if you don't have it.

I have also been trying to start an NFB Chapter in my area of NY, but
because of a lot of negativity and high ACB out here, that it is hard to get
anyone interested.

But this is my own experience with ACB.

Cheryl Echevarria