[nagdu] FAQ regarding air transportation & service animals

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Mon Apr 26 12:05:44 UTC 2010

It seems as though ID may be required in the absence of any obvious
indicators like a harness or a vest, and then if they are not present for
whatever reason, due to the introduction  of alternative options in service
animals, where the task or services provided and or performed are not
obvious, documentation may be required and asked for. This seems reasonable
and not at all a compromise of our rights as guide dog users. it does
however, really attempt to weed out those people trying to pass their pets
off as anything other then just a pet. Thanks for the info and for making
this crystal clear. It seems like both laws are in sync.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.