[nagdu] Critical blind people

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 17:28:00 UTC 2010

Jewel,

That's interesting.  Like you, I'm not so tuned in to using sound the way
most other blind people seem to.  I know I've always used my hearing to
process my surroundings, since I've had pretty severe tunnel vision since I
was a kid.  But I had central vision to use in narvigating and seeing what
was in front of me, so now that I don't have so much of that, I use other
senses and tools to make up for the difference...  But I don't use listening
so much for landmarks unless I absolutely need to, and then I have to really
think about it and if I have to do that to much, I get all tired and cranky
and kinda stupid.  Sigh.  To people who give sound landmakrs, I get the
clear impression I appear to be very stupid.  Oh, well! /grin/

Sorry you're dealing with fibromyalgia.  Honestly, if I could choose between
blindness and fibromyalgia, I would take blindness hands down.  Blindness
*and* fibromyalgia is a very unfriendly combination!  If you want to talk
about it off list, feel free to contact me!

Tami Smith-Kinney