[nagdu] owner training and pulls

Jordan Frances Ortiz ortizj32 at students.rowan.edu
Wed Aug 4 17:44:45 UTC 2010

Hey Julie:

I was reading your email on how you train your puppy and work a guide at
the same time, and I'm actually really interested in this process.  With
the Seeing Eye puppies we have to keep a pull in the leash constantly so
they can go into harness once back at the school.  This is where I run
into the problem of working Viola and handling a puppy at the same
time.  If they are both pulling in my left hand Viola can't work and
we'd probably never make it anywhere hahaha.  My question is how do you
teach the puppy how to pull in harness when its time?  The only way I
can walk 2 dogs together is to make Viola heal and have the puppy lull.
my second question for all onwer trainers.  What made you decide to
train your own?  How did you decide what kind of dog you wanted?  Sorry
2 questions.

Jordan and viola