[nagdu] negative experiences was Puppy raising

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Fri Aug 6 12:19:51 UTC 2010

Julie M.

I totally get how overwhelming all the stories can be!  A survey with a
rating scale would give everyone an equal opportunity to rate their
experiences.  The negative ones would get no more weight than the positive
ones.

I agree that most of the schools are doing a good job.  However no one
person has ever attended all of them to make a true comparison from the same
perspective.  Add in that personal views change as do the various school
policies and there's no way to get a current comparison without some sort of
survey.  At least I can't come up with anything.

I think it would also be very, very useful for the small and upcoming
programs.  It's easy to get graduates from TSE, GDB and even smaller
programs like GDA to talk to you about their experiences.  But what about
KSDS or Guide Dogs of Texas?  I don't know a single guide dog graduate from
either of those places.

Julie