[nagdu] RE; Sniffing & Doggie boots

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 23:59:13 UTC 2010

Suzy,

A stubborn guide dog is a good guide dog!  A stubborn guide dog is also a
major pain in the ...

Mitzi was absolutely hysterical when I first introduced her to her booties.
I practiced putting them on and off at home (with many treats), then decided
to go to the park (our "working" walks at the time always ended up there)
and let her do some play in them so they were nice and fun...

So she lost one in the grass, and while I was looking for it, she lost
another one in the grass somewhere else, so...  /lol/  If a friend hadn't
happened along and joined the search while we were chatting, I might still
be there chasing down booties! /grin/

Sounds like you're going about it the right way.  Once you convince Dody
that she really can walk in those dreadful medieval torture devices, all the
oohs and ahhs over the stupid things will have her loving them.  /grin/  If
she's anything like my Mitzi poodle, she will almost certainly see the
potential the Halti provides in terms of audience appreciation and rub it on
your leg to show how dreadful it is -- while grinning like the Cheshire cat
over the appreciation of the fan club.  /lol/

Tami Smith-Kinney