[nagdu] a couple questions

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Wed Dec 8 13:05:26 UTC 2010

*> Then they shouldn't have a dog because they aren't taking care of it. *

This seems rather judgmental. Sometimes we can do everything that is
possible for our dogs and still, stuff happens.  What if I stay in a pet
friendly hotel the night before my flight to Hawaii and there are fleas in
the room from a previous guest?  Am I a bad guide dog handler?  What if I
live in a rural environment, Like I actually do, and I decide to take a nice
walk in the park that borders a creek and wildlife area.  What if during
that walk I have an encounter with an animal that has rabies?  See the thing
about animals with rabies is that they don't act normal.  You can't
anticipate what in the world they are going to do.  Would this freak
accident make me a bad guide dog handler?

Sure some folks with guide dogs don't take care of them in a way that I
would consider appropriate, but who am I to judge?  I know loads more people
who don't take care of their kids appropriately.  I do my best to help them,
but in the end it is their life and their choice.  I can't take their dog or
kid away and I can't tell them what is right for them.

JMHO
Julie