[nagdu] contact with puppy raisers/walkers

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Dec 17 02:34:42 UTC 2010

Good evening everyone,

    There's an element to this story not told in SE's literature. It's the
fact that when this organization was created the blind weren't organized as
we are today. There was no NAGDU or NFB to tell SE that a policy such as
this is dead wrong! If they feel we're adults they can start treating us as
such. It may have been the right thing to protect graduates from unwanted
harassment by puppy raisers but it did and does much to harm the ability of
the blind to develop the skills needed to manage affairs like this on their
own. Had NAGDU and the organized blind b4een around in the 1920s this
conversation might not be taking place today in the 21st Century.

Peter Donahue