[nagdu] just a couple of additional comments about the 9-year-oldboy and his guide dog

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 9 17:15:58 UTC 2010

Whew!  I was so busy being mortified at my sweet precious angel around all
those "real" guide dogs that I didn't even know she wasn't the other snarker
there.  /grin/  Still, I'm glad she seems to have given up the practice.
Then again, she's probably simply saving it all up for a special occasion.
/smile/

She was also the only poodle guide at convention and very noticeable in her
shiny velvet coat and fire engine red sport harness.  So I would have people
with some sort of vision come up to me and say kindly, "I noticed you're
having trouble with your dog.  I was on the other side of the hotel and
saw..."  /lol/  I got some really good advice that way, much of which I have
used since, but I did start to feel overly conspicuous.  Then there was the
evening at the outdoor lounge over drinks and teasing when one of them took
that one sip too many and decided to give the play by play report of Mitzi's
absolutely worst act of snarkage.  I'm pretty much sure that people on the
other side of Dallas know all about it now.  Then again, the retelling was
pretty funny, and I nearly hurt myself laughing.  By the fifth time through,
I was having to work the laughter a bit, but she kept expanding on the tale,
so I can't say I wasn't entertained.  /grin/  I always enjoy a good round of
friendly ribbing even when it's my turn to be ribbed.

Ah, well.  If my dog weren't giving people such good fodder to my teasing
friends, I would just have to go out and do it myself.

Tami Smith-Kinney