[nagdu] Explaining to parents that guide dogs are useful

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Wed Feb 10 18:54:06 UTC 2010

as a new entrant into the blind community I would be hard pressed to not be
an advocate for guide dog use over the cane any time any day and any where.
My guide helps me navigate the rigors of new york city seamlessly and
adeptly. I also never feel insecure or unsure of my path as he is extremely
dependable  and reliable  more so then a cane would or could be in my life.
Maybe your parents would like to call me to get my feedback. I am available
to help you realize your wish for securing a guide. They make  for a great
option in mobility and they are true companions in the simplest sense of the
word. I would also think that moving onto college, that having a guide would
make perfect sense for oh so many reasons. Peace.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.