[nagdu] guide dogs

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 22 19:21:11 UTC 2010

Jennifer,

It depends on whether the dog witll leave you alone to work or not.  /smile/
I have now had to 'computer train" two dogs of very different yet demanding
temperaments.  I use positive reinforcement to redirect them to a less
disruptive behavior when I'm working.  I have also used some sort of mild
restriction, including tie down with Mitzi, if the disruption is too
persistent and disruptive.

I've never had to tie Mitzi down for more than about 5 minutes, because she
thinks that is the worst possible thing anyone could ever do to her!
/smile/  A mere hint of a threat to put her on restriction shapes her right
up, although she does make sure I know she's pouting.  /grin/

We will not talk about the many, many threats I have made which she just
does not take seriously.  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney