[nagdu] Shaman was attacked by a pit bull

Kolby Garrison kolbygarrison at triad.rr.com
Fri Jan 15 18:04:44 UTC 2010

Mardi,
I feel your pain when it comes to loose dogs attacking our dogs. Sunny has
been approached more times than I can count by out of control dogs on or off
leash on my college campus, and attacked only once by an off leash out of
control dog. Before Sunny came to me, she lived with a previous handler in
New York. The handler told me that Sunny was attacked every day for four
months straight by another dog from a different school that lived in their
building. When Sunny first came to me, she would bark at other dogs,
sometimes wanting to play and other times not wanting to engage in
conversation as I call it. I worked with her and she has gotten much better
about it. Only occasionally will she bark at another dog, and I believe that
it depends on the other dog's body language and demeanor. Usually she wants
to play with other dogs that we encounter, thus at least I know that she is
not aggressive in the least. I wish that something could be done about
Shaman's attack, and I hope that you can work with him and help him remember
that all dogs are not going to attack him.
Kolby