[nagdu] Why do dogs hate the mailman?

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sat Jan 16 05:33:10 UTC 2010

I think that radio vet was a bit far-fetched.  The mailman would be just
carrying paper and not brandishing it in a threatening way as if the person
was aboout to hit him with the paper.  But the sound of the mail dropping to
the floor inside the door or into a catch box inside the door could sound
like an intruder trying to bust in.

Yes, I think socialization is VERY key in how a dog will turn out later as
it matures. I think most problems that dogs have stem from lack of proper
socialization.  That is what makes a guide dog puppy raiser's job so
important!  And why it is important for the puppy raiser to socialize the
guide dog pups as the school wants it done - it prepares the dog for its
future job guiding us in a very scary world.

Lyn and Landon