[nagdu] Airports

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 21 14:46:46 UTC 2010

Hi Nicole.
I have been to the inside-security relief area at the Minneapolis airport
twice.  I had to have Guest Services escort me, because it is behind
locked doors.  The gate attendant  called them for me.  The area is really
a parking garage with some pens set up in it, in case an animal has a stay
a while, I guess.  There aren't any frills like cedar chips--just cement.
But enough other dogs had peed on it to make it acceptable to Ben, which
was a big relief for both of us.
There's a security person there to take care of any animals that might be
there, though there weren't any either time I was there.  They were very
nice.  They offered Benny water, and offered a treat too, but I nixed
that.

The Minneapolis relief area points up the importance of having a dog who
will go on concrete, if that's all that's available.
Tracy