[nagdu] clicker training

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sat Jul 31 21:41:12 UTC 2010

Lora,

Can you explain step-by-step how you are teaching the venez cue?  Perhaps if
I understand better what you are doing, I'll be able to offer some
suggestions of what might be happening.

I'm assuming that you didn't get your guide in the U.S. because I don't know
of any programs here that use only positive reinforcement techniques.  I'm
really confused as to why all of the dogs would be unsafe because of using
clicker training.  If used correctly and the skills are thoroughly taught
the guide should be safe.  I'm wondering if there is some other rationale?
Perhaps inadequate socialization, lack of proper temperament for the work or
lack of adequate training.  I don't have enough information to make any sort
of educated guess.  I'm just tossing out food for thought.

Also, welcome to the list.  I don't think I've seen you post before.

Julie