[nagdu] what do you say?

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Fri Mar 5 13:35:43 UTC 2010

I haven't been asked if Monty bites, yet.  Although it kinda surprises me
because he is quite prone to giving the death-ray eyeballs to people.  Or at
least I've been told lots of times that he is giving dirty looks to so and
so.   IMO he can look however he wants at whomever he wants.

He's a very sweet, playful, cheerful dog, but very serious about guiding.
It works for me because the number of people who touch him without
permission is greatly reduced.

I tend to get comments from opposite extremes.   Either people will be
amazed that he didn't bark/poop/jump or they will be critical because he is
looking around while in a down stay or looked at them funny or let out a
long sigh or something similarly normal.  I guess the expectation is either
that he will be totally out of control or a robot.  But I suppose that's how
guide dogs are portrayed in the media-at one of the extremes.

Julie