[nagdu] So and so lets me pet their dog.

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Tue Mar 9 11:57:03 UTC 2010

I second that rox. I feel like you do, though I make it absolutely clear
that the person coming up behind me with a guide will not probably be as
open to petting and attention as I am so I caution everyone on the
individuality  that we all possess and that 99% of handlers demand that
others not pet nor even acknowledge their dog. I even stop at times and take
the harness off making it a production and then the next time I see people
who had wanted to pet doxy, they always say do not go to any trouble we can
wait till next time we know he is working. It seems to drive the point home
and the repeat offenders are kept at bay and perhaps, just perhaps they stop
and think when they next come upon another team. I hope so anyway.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.