[nagdu] Tami's highway crossing

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 17:04:30 UTC 2010

Tracy,

I've been thinking about taking that approach for a couple of years now,
without actually doing it. /smile/  State's broke, city's broke...  So I
knew it would take forever to get anything done!

They're starting to do roadwork now with stimulus money and stuff, so yay!
They're doing it all over everywhere, so getting anywhere by any means
around here will be a regular nightmare for the few months.  Or years.
Still, it will be well worth it for everybody!

Your message is a good reminder.  I need to take time out to find out what
the plans for all the roadwork include in the way of pedestrian-friendly
infrastructure. Even if they don't put in a light for our exact street --
it's a T-intersection, so they may or may not -- a good sidewalk will give
me and anybody else safe passage to the nearest stoplights.  Oh, the
freedom!  /grin/

Thanks for the advice!

Tami Smith-Kinney