[nagdu] Washington - Guide dog killed crossing Kennewick street

Michelle m-johnson at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 28 09:27:05 UTC 2010

Hi, I'd like to remind you that it's not the dog's responsibility to cross
the road safely, although they appear to have enough sense to try their
best. So it's not whether the dog is doing his/her job in keeping someone
safe on the road, it's the blind person's job to keep safe as much as
possible, and the drivers' job to make time to stop for the person, to
ensure all is peaceful. if the dog is veering into the road and acting up,
different matter. But if it's working as instructed and the person gets hit,
then of course there needs to be investigation into whether the person
wasn't concentrating properly or if it was inf act the driver, or sometimes
both...

Best wishes with this debate!

Michelle