[nagdu] NFB Canes

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 31 04:39:17 UTC 2010

Marion,

Dunno, although I would love to repair mine, too.  The problem is that with
that one join sticking, I keep almost poking an eye out trying to get it to
collaspe so I can try to figure out what's going on with it.  The loss of
that top piece doesn't really affect anything so long as I don't collapse
the cane, so I just declared it a straight cane and stopped worrying about
it...  Somehow, everytime I'm ready to order a new one, something comes up
that costs exactly the same amount, so I'm beginning to have existential
issues about the whole subject.  /grin/

DD, also Mr. Fixit, naturally, has examined the broken cap, frowned,
fiddled, sighed, mutter things involving Home Depot, Lowe's, Bi-Mart...
This is good entertainment, in my book, so at least I get something out of
it.  He finally snorts and grunts and says in disgust, "Why do you need to
collapse it when it works just fine the way it is?"

So, that's the verdict over here.  I would say I would be planning to order
a new one, but I am tired of finding how many odd little budget whackers
cost exactly the same amount as an NFB telescoping cane.  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney