[nagdu] survey answers for Jessica

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sun May 9 04:37:48 UTC 2010

1. what is your dogs name? We have 4-- Laveau is my working guide.
She's 2.5.  Mill'E is 7.5 and does tasks for me in the home.  Bristol
is 12.5 and is the retired queen and household goddess®, My husband's
dog is Rudy and he's 6-ish, I think.
2. age? see above
3. breed? Laveau is a Doberman mix-- the rest are goldens.
4. how long have you had him/her? I've had Laveau for almost 2 years
now.
5. what do you feed him/her? All of our dogs eat a prey model raw diet.
6. if program trained did you train any extra tasks or commands if so
what
7. if owner trained what all did you teach? Laveau knows all of the
usual guide dog stuff plus her repertoire of objects/locations she can
find is much larger than most hearing guide dog users since I can't
use audible environmental cues to assist in orientation.  Laveau does
some sound alerting-- fire alarms, someone calling my name, etc.  She
also assists me to walk by counterbalancing-- taking steps one at a
time going very slowly and helping me up from a fall.  Mill'E alerts
to sounds, retrieves dropped objects, helps with the laundry, brings
various stuff from me to my husband and back, and keeps my feet warm
at night.  She can also guide but doesn't do much of that these days
since she has degenerative joint disease in her knee.
8. how do you obtain dog food, store, order, etc. I buy it at the
grocery store in the meat section, or I go to a wholesale butchers and
buy it there, or I go hunting and shoot it, or get stuff from hunter
friends.

9. what state are you from. Louisiana

Rox and the "Kitchen Bitches:"
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
http://www.pawpowercreations.com/retreat.html
pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl