[nagdu] How long Echo worked, was: Raw diet for guide dogs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon May 10 16:54:28 UTC 2010

Hi Nicole.
Yep, Echo is like the Energizer bunny; she just keeps going.  It's amazing.
She is a GDB black lab.  Her mother was Chime, who was kept by Bruce
Benzler until he left GDB.  We met Chime when we visited the GDB campus
and took a tour.  That was cool.
Echo is small, around 53 pounds.  Her weight has been about the same since
the time I got her.
She worked from February 1997 to September 2006.  She would have been
willing to go on, but she was slowing down.  She didn't really enjoy long
walks anymore, and she didn't enjoy exploring new places anymore, either.
So she retired, and handed off the harness to the young dude.
May your small lab keep going, too!
Tracy