[nagdu] Soft Stool

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri May 21 17:09:00 UTC 2010

If he is rubbing his belly and crying, I'd get him to the vet immediately.
 That's not usual with diarrhea, in my experience.

The usual thing I do for simple diarrhea is this:
Give him a slippery elm capsule, if you have it.
Stop all food for 24 hours.
After that, start gently with rice and boiled chicken.
Usually for me though, the slippery elm and withholding food for a day
does the trick, and I can start back up with the usual food after that.

But get him to the vet.  This sounds more serious than plain diarrhea.
Better to spend some money at the vet and find out it was nothing than to
not go and find out it was something really bad that seriously hurt or
killed the dog.
Good luck.
Tracy