[nagdu] EXTERNAL: Places A Guide Dog Can't Go-- Commercial Kitchens

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Nov 2 18:59:32 UTC 2010

Elizabeth.
Could you put him in a crate while you were cooking?
I say this not having any clue as to what your days would be like or if
you could or would want to stop your duties to tend to your dog.
Your second option would be to not have a dog during that phase of your
life. As with all things, you need to decide what you want for yourself
right now. Do you want to cook, and will you look back and think "I
would have loved to do this". Only you can know that.  If it helps any,
I don't think it matters one way or the other to our dogs. They adjust
easily. Humans have the harder time of it from an emotional perspective.
As someone who doesn't have a dog now, I am surprised at how much I am
enjoying this phase of my life sans dog. I won't have a young family
forever, and my ability to have a family is driven by finances, biology,
having a willing partner and a few other things. This isn't true for
using a dog, i could get one at any age. I'd suggest you look into what
cooking would require from you and see if it is what you want to do.
Your dog won't spend any time thinking of you, they love us in the
moment. Knowing this can help guide you.