[nagdu] harnesses

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 10 18:27:10 UTC 2010

Albert and Tracy,

I contacted GDB about harnesses when Mitzi was ready for in-harness
training...  The person to whom I spoke seemed stunned that I would ask
about purchasing a harness from them.  So I mentioned that I was an
owner-trainer....  Turns out they (according to her, at least!) have
opinions about that sort of thing, which she informed me of in no uncertain
terms, until I managed to end the conversation with some semblance of
courtesy remaining on my part.  I figured the harness issue was clearly
moot.

Then I found out about On-the-Go (now Pawpower!) and haven't looked back.
/grin/  My original sport harness is still in great condition, comfortable
for her poodleness, flexible, easy to snap the handle off and on at need --
or to remove and replace at need -- washable, etc., etc.  The sport style
works really well with my narrow, deep-chested dog with the dancing shoulder
action.  It's adjustable for curl growth.  The communication is terrific!
Doesn't always stop me from forgetting to listen, but we can flow along over
all sorts of ups and downs and around without missing a beat.  /grin/  I
have a lot of fun, but it really does seem to scare some of the sighted
people, who are convinced I'm going to break my neck at any second.  Nope!
Not so long as I'm listening to my poodle through my harness handle!

I'm looking forward to getting to know the Laveau style harness, too.  Once
I get the new handle in the proper length ordered.  /smile/

Anyway, I'll be interested to know what you find out about being from one
program and getting a harness from another.

Tami Smith-Kinney