[nagdu] George of the Urban Jungle

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 01:28:41 UTC 2010

George fits his guide dog with a speech translator which translates
his dog's barks into English. He decides to test the translator with a
stroll around the park.

Walking along the park trail, the dog whimpers a little, and the
translator speaks up, "There's a squirrel...can't I chase him?" A
little further along, the dog stops in his tracks, emitting a very
faint sniff. The translator again speaks up, "Wait a moment, there's a
bike crossing our path." George is loving this new means of
communication with his dog. He pats his bright pup and says "Good
boy." The dog pants, and the translator says "I know I'm wonderful.
Thank you, thank you very much."

They continue on their walk, George carrying on a wonderful
conversation with his guide dog about the weather, the children
playing, the stray cat that the pup needs to leave alone. Abruptly,
the dog sidesteps, but not in time. The translator speaks up as the
dog barks, "Watch out for that..."

Just as George smacks his head on a low hanging branch, the translator
finishes, "...tree."

~written by Jewel Shuping

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!