[nagdu] Eye Dog Foundation.

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 17 13:50:21 UTC 2011

Yes, I was surprised to learn that there is a young shepherd from Guide
Dogs of the Desert right here in town. They're in Palm Springs, but
there is that other dessert dog school in California in Silmar Larry has
mentioned. Don't know a thing about them, but the few people here in
Oregon who have heard of them get them confused with Guide Dogs of the
Desert, so now I'm just confused. /smile/ Anyway, there are a bunch of
handlers here with poodles, doodles and other breeds from Guide Dogs of
the Desert, and they are all very happy with heir dogs and trainers. So
I'm learning more and wondering which of the 'oodle dogs might be kin to
Mitzi. /smile/

They also provide home training out here, so my ears are perked up over
that. The shepherd is lovely, too lovely, and quite a character, I
guess, from the stories her handler tells on her or writes from her
point of view. /smile/ Reminds me a bit of Mitzi sometimes in her social
interaction, since nobody almost catches on that she's one of those
dangerous mean police dogs. /lol/ I guess when you go around town with
everybody smiling and cooing because you're just so darned cute, it's
going to go to your head. /lol/ I wouldn't know myself, being just a
geeky sidekick to my own glamor girl.

Anyway, I was pleased to discover now that I'm crawling out from under
my rock that there are dogs from GDD here and that the school is doing
well.

Tami