[nagdu] owner training

Matt Diemert mcdiemert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 00:16:19 UTC 2011

Good evening all,

My name is matt Diemert, and I'm a former guide dog user.

My last two matches did not work out, and I have a strong desire to owner
train my next guide.

I've researched the internet fairly exhaustively over the past three years,
and haven't exactly come up with too many references and/or information
regarding the process of owner training.

I'd appreciate any suggestions any of you may have and any input from those
of you who have chosen to owner train. Where should I begin. While I have an
idea of the breed, sex, and temperament of the dog I wish to have, I'm not
sure what would come next. I'm comfortable with the idea of teaching
obedience, and I've done some clicker training with my previous two guides,
so I'm comfortable with at least the theory behind this idea.

I'm sure this has been covered on list over and over, so if you wish to
write me off list, please feel free to do so.

Thanks all for allowing me to join this group.

Regards:

Matt D.