[nagdu] Blind-Drivable Car at Convention

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Tue Feb 1 16:54:22 UTC 2011

Hello Cindy and everyone,

    If you recall from past issues of The Braille Monitor and Presidential
Releases we're planning to drive the car from our headquarters in Baltimore
to Orlando for the 2011 National Convention. Whether someone will drive the
car through from Baltimore or if several individuals trained in the use of
the technology that will allow the car to be driven by the blind will share
the task (Sort of like the Olympic torch relay where various individuals
carry the Olympic Torch part of the way along the route to the site of an
Olympic competition) of this I'm not sure. Much will depend on tests done on
the open road between now and the national convention as to whether the
vehicle will be in Orlando or not. I also heard that interested individuals
would have an opportunity to try driving the car during this year's national
convention.

Peter Donahue