[nagdu] Issues

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 00:43:44 UTC 2011

Oh Cindy I know what you mean.  That has to be really frustrating.  I
got my current dog while I was still in high school.  I guess since I
was very young, all kinds of people thought they knew what I should
and should not do with my dog.  My sister, teachers, and some of my
friends even told me where I should not take my dog and more.  My dog
is kind of an attention seeker, so I ask people to not pet her while
she has her harness on.  I know strangers ignore this, but my own
family(father and sister at least) wouldn't listen to me.  It took
months for them to listen.  I guess I had to prove myself to them or
something.

In my opinion, if your adult enough to take care of and work a guide
dog, you are adult enough to make decisions about that dog.  I don't
know why people refuse to respect those decisions sometimes.  In fact,
I don't know why people overlook a person's right to make those
decisions.  In some instances it all comes back to their perception of
you as a blind person.  Sorry for the novel.  I'm not sure if any of
it even made sense.