[nagdu] Issues

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 3 02:52:40 UTC 2011

That's annoying!  The phone call is..  The bit that started with "we knew
you were planning to come, so we've been talking about it ..."  Well, I
don't think I would even notice my tact at that point as it leaped headfirst
out the window shrieking.  /evil grin/  Perhaps the woman thought she was
being nice and even thoughtful, but ....  How RUDE!

Well, sounds like you have the matter in hand.  I've never had the joys of a
"we heard you were coming" phone call, but I've shown up to an event or two
to be greeted at the door with something along those lines...  Even when I
had the cane pre-dog.  /lol/  Used to be I could just show up at a place and
find a seat and do what people do and be very happy under the radar.

Can't you just picture them all sitting around saying, "Cindy is coming!
Cindy is coming!  By land or by sea... "  /lol/

Well, I wonder if I'll ever get used to that sort of thing, since I'm sure
it will happen again.  Here, we made sure there's a clear path for you so
you can just sit here and be comfortable and Susie Q will bring you a plate,
and here's a rug for Mitzi ..."  I actually have -- and probably will again
-- end up sitting where they put me because my own internal conflict over
the contrast between their apparent intended thoughtfulness and kindess
towards poor little blind me is so horrifically offensive and just downright
hair-raising.

Ain;t it fun?

Tami Smith-Kinney