[nagdu] question for those who have had children

PICKRELL, REBECCA M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Thu Feb 3 16:30:00 UTC 2011

In my case, I braught my dog to the hospital and had someone who would and could follow dog rules come get her. You want someone who isn't involved in the birth process or its aftermath. The hospitals cannot refuse your dog, though they do not have to care for your dog. Also, if you needed a c-section, the dog would not be able to be with you in the operating room. I think for a vaginal birth, the dog could be with you.  I wouldn't have wanted that, though in all honesty, I'm not sure I'd have cared once things really got going. I also have a friend who had a home birth. Her pet dog was present during the whole time and she swears this helped the dog bond with the kids. I say this just for adifferent perspective.