[nagdu] Muslim cab drivers: not a slam on their beliefs

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Sat Feb 19 00:23:42 UTC 2011

Oh, definitely.

Just like all of the major religions, it is based on practices which were
common at a particular time or based on superstition.
Oh well, I have no problem with the belief, just that it might effect me and
cause me hardship, otherwise, I couldn't care less.
I shouldn't have to even know about it.
But I must point out that, those who are real nasty and half-crazed about
not having a dog won't even let you talk long enough to hand out your trusty
handy wipes.

Since this subject makes me really testy and problem more than a bit
intolerant, I'll just stop right here.

Florida cabbies don't seem to be that bad, but in Maryland, or Ohio, for
example, I had some unpleasant incidents which were actually frightening not
just annoying.

I hope that these people some day suffer as much as they made me feel
humiliated or scared.

Well, that's probably a bit harsh, as I don't envy the life of an immigrant.
Then again, most immigrants would want to be blind--lol.

Dan W.