[nagdu] And that reminds me of the cab driver issue

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Feb 20 18:21:32 UTC 2011

Dan:

I find your views about Moslem cab drivers and their rights to be
offensive and distasteful.

If  one of them were to characterize blind persons, as you
characterize them, you would be mightily offended, and rightfully so.

Someone who becomes a licensed taxi driver, is agreeing to provide a
service to the public on equal terms and does need to transport guide
dogs etc.  That however doesn't invalidate their religious beliefs or
feelings.  We may not agree with them, but the drivers have as much
right to have them as we do our dogs.

Dave