[nagdu] And that reminds me of the cab driver issue

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Sun Feb 20 18:37:45 UTC 2011

I am sorry if you were offended by my views and that you found my way of
expressing myself distasteful.
However, getting down to brass tax, what I'm trying to say is that I
shouldn't even have to care about or know about religious views when it
comes to cab access rights.
I have had cab access issues with supposedly Christian native born Americans
and I would call them idiots too.

For example, let's say a devout Muslim were to take me and put no fetters on
my riding in his cab with a guide dog.
If he were great about it and for example, mentioned to me that he's
concerned about dogs being close because of his religion, I'd be
well-disposed towards him and try to be cooperative. I might not like it,
but at least he's not being obstructive.

However, when I've had these issues it's never been handled that way, I've
been screamed at and so on.
People who do that no matter what religion qualify in my book as jerks or
whatever else you want to call them.

Once again, it shouldn't even have to be an issue.

If laws were enforceable on the spot this type of behavior would fade in to
oblivion.
I think you're Canadian, if so I'll tell you that I really applaud Canada
because apparently access laws regarding cabs are really enforced.
A buddy of mine went to Quebec.
The driver of his cab got to talking with him and mentioned he couldn't
stand dogs.
"Then", my buddy inquired" why are you taking me"?

"Because" the driver answered "If I don't I'll be fined a thousand dollars
and be suspended."

Canada seems like a very civilized place, and if you're not the Canadian
guy, sorry for the mistake.

If you have more to say, write publicly or privately.

I don't mind publicly as it's good to talk about this stuff.