[nagdu] what do you do with your dog when you go away?

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 19 20:47:41 UTC 2011

Last time I confronted that situation was August, 2006, when I was going to
Las Vegas for 3 days and to Phoenix AZ for 5. He was 12 years old, and I did
not want to put him thru the stress. Fortunately I have a good friend who
loves all my animals, and who looked after him for the time. About three
days after I left home (the total trip was 3 weeks, but only those 8 days
were bad) I got an emergency message to call my vet. That morning when Judge
was being led out to park he fell over and could not get up. Friend took him
to the vet, and the vet told me that Judge had metatasticized cancer, which
had not been noticeable until that day, and had only days to live. I was
sorry not to be there to help him over the rainbow bridge, but I had the vet
take care of him immediately.

When I to go Europe, especially London, in 2014, I will probably ask the
same friend to look after Gyro, aka Killer Dog (death on Teddy Bears). Still
too many hassles with British quarantine. Ed