[nagdu] Guidedog Schools

Ted Shelly tshelly at optonline.net
Mon Jul 11 17:32:04 UTC 2011

Brianna,

You don't say where you're from or whether travel to the guide dog school
would be an issue for you.  Some people like to stick as close to home as
possible, so that may be a factor for you.  But most schools have people
come from all over the country.

If you really want to save time and also get a quality result, consider
Guide Dogs for the Blind www.guidedogs.com.  At their Oregon campus they
have a two-week program, even for beginners like I was.  The ratio of
students to instructors is 2 to 1, so you get lots of attention.  And they
have a short waiting list as well.  Their main campus is in California and
there the minimum training time is 3 weeks because of California
regulations.

Check out several of the schools and make your decision on the one that
seems to fit best for you.

If you have any questions about GDB, write me off-list.

Ted
tshelly at optonline.net