[nagdu] Guide dog Schools

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 23 20:10:44 UTC 2011

Hi, Wayne,
With all of my guides, yes, it took time for transitioning.Between retiring
Freedom David Berry and getting Odie Harley Davidson in one day, that was
rough and a HUGE MESS!!!
I don't plan on going through that again like that.
Thankfully, the executive director of Pilot Dogs was very supportive and
helpped me out a big bunch during that rough time.
I think that after a year or two, I was able to fully read Odie's signals
from his body language.
When I've attended four ACB conventions however, I made sure Odie was taken
out frequently and given extra chances of going potty to avoid indoor
accidents.
In the hotel rooms, I made sure he was on tie down continuously too.
Back when I did attend the NFB convention in Philadelphia in 2001, I had the
same routine for my first guide dog, Orleans.
Bibi