[nagdu] Re Guide Dog and taxis

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 29 23:05:13 UTC 2011

Gary and all,
    I generally advise that one not give advance notice that we will be
traveling with a guide dog. The presence of the service dog is irrelevant to
whether or not they transport you. If the dispatcher broadcasts, "I'm
looking for someone willing to take a fare with a dog!" you may wait longer
for a ride than if they didn't know. This sets you up for the type of
discrimination known as an unequal benefit. I have dealt with several people
who gave advance notice and regretted it because of the long wait times.
JMHO!

Fraternally yours,
Marion